Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Being In Flow

There's such a flow of abundance coming in now!  At the end of last month we got a ruling from the rent control board deeming that we had indeed been overcharged rent for the past almost 5 years!  The correct rent is now less than we paid when we first moved in!  So now we are living rent-free until the excess is accounted for.  I've been able to catch up on the most pressing bills and have even planned some quickie weekend trips in April.  It's such a relief to be able to breathe again and I feel that my breathing is now at a deeper level than it has been in over a year.

We really like to take advantage of the huge savings at the big box food warehouse stores and we have been able to make a monthly trip there for the past 2 months.  Wow!  Loads of rolls of t.p. and paper towels, biggie sizes of laundry detergent and dish soap, huge rolls of aluminum foil!  All of the things that are over-priced in the neighborhood stores.  Plus, meats!  The quality of the meat and poultry is so much better.  I love not having to make a weekly trek out to the local store and then have to decide what I can manage to bring home in a shopping cart.

Tonight I went to Macy's for a One Day Sale.  I needed a wardrobe overhaul, so I decided to go just to see what was there.  I wasn't expecting to find as much as I did.  I bought $325' worth of tops and pants - 5 pants and 7 tops in all.  It was all on sale and I only paid $175 for the whole pile of clothes.  I haven't done that in a few years and I had been missing it.  There's nothing like finding a bargain that you like and that actually looks good on you!

I can't wait to see what's coming over the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment