Monday, March 5, 2012

An Explosion of Art

So, I'm gonna be 59 in a matter of weeks. It sounds OLD to me. There's no way you can make "almost 60" sound young! I can feel the changes in my body. I am slowing down. My arches and ankles hurt, which makes getting a decent cardio workout difficult. There have been changes in my work site and work responsibilities that make the job more demanding than it used to  be. I could stand to lose 40 lbs. My vision is blurry now, due to a cataract and high blood sugar.

But on the other hand, I have been practically prolific in creating art! I am doing it on an almost daily basis. I have found ways to work around the poor vision by using paper and ready-made images. They can be digital collage sheets or magazine images or just doodles and images from rubber stamps. Whatever, I just am not drawing and painting from life. My focus is now on making "pretty pages", art journal pages, a kind of collage.



No comments:

Post a Comment